Monday, February 7, 2011

6 weeks out

I thought since it's been so long since I've posted that I'd start letting you folks know about my upcoming meet. I am competing in the APF state meet March 20.


Over the next 6 weeks I'll be letting you in on my training and my progress with cutting a little bit of weight.

As of right now I am about 155lbs and I plan on competing in the 148lb class, so I have a little bit to lose. Although some of it can be water.




Over the course of the next 4 weeks my training will become heavier than it ever has before. I'm going to be working up to heavy singles in each of the 3 main lifts (bench press, squat, and deadlift) and the volume of my training will be decreasing.

My goals for the meet are going to be a 335lb squat, a 200lb bench, and a 350lb deadlift which adds up to a 885lb total. These could change over the course of the next few weeks depending on how my training goes.

I am working with Kiefer on my diet. I am starting this today, and I am very excited to see things like pizza, ice cream, written in to my diet plan. I'm sure this is going to be a rather enjoyable 6 weeks.

I plan on updating with my bodyweight and training at least twice per week. If I don't stick to this, feel free to write nasty comments.

1 comment: