Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Current Training

To start off I thought I would give some examples of what my training is like. I am currently training for strength and to gain a bit of size. I am using Jim Wendler's program 5/3/1 and really liking it. His program is based around starting light, progressing slowly, but constantly progressing. I am also doing some barbell complexes for added conditioning on non-lifting days.

An example of a complex that I really enjoy. (start either with an empty barbell or a light weight)
6 bent over rows
6 hang cleans
6 front squats
6 push presses
6 back squats
6 good mornings
I go through this series with no rest between exercises then add 10lbs to the bar and do it again. I repeat this process until I've done about 6-7 complexes. It only takes about 20 minutes, but my heart is racing during the last few rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment